Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I'm leavin!
So in two days I am leaving for Santa Barbara, California and I could not be more excited! This last summer during the month of July I did summer staff at a young life camp. What summer staff is, is group of college-aged volunteers who come to work at the camp for a month while young life campers come each week. It is all voluntary, people from all over the country can come to different camps, and it is such a wonderful experience. We work hard, and a lot, but it is so worth it. I made a lot of wonderful friendships in that month that I believe that they will be long lasting. We are doing a mini reunion this weekend in Santa Barbara since many people from summer staff live there, while the rest of us travel from San Diego, San Francisco, and Arizona. I love these people so much and I am so excited to be reunited with them. Plus who doesn’t love California? I can’t wait to leave and take a break from the business of my life right now, no homework, and no work! I guess it’s my fall break since University of Arizona does not provide one. I wish I was there now, and I know that the weekend is going to go by so quickly, but we will make the best of the time we have together. I can’t believe it’s already been three months since we’ve seen each other. It’s going to be the best weekend ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope your having fun on your trip! It is probably pretty nice weather right now in California too. Hearing about how excited you are for your vacation made me really want to go on one! But it is just not possible with our school and work schedule. But.. Have fun! I know I will get to go on vacation one day!
A good time had an back safe, I trust.
DB
Post a Comment